Friday, June 8, 2012

We have arrived!

Hello from Bend, OR!

Well, we have finally arrived (actually at 1:30 PST) after 1950 miles.  We could not have asked for a better journey across Oregon and that we had great weather all the way.

While I drove this
Mr. B did this 
He has a great little command station set up and didn't miss a beat.  He was connected all the way with his laptop, cell phone, heavy duty headset, IP phone, air card, cell phone booster and antenna.  

No report on Idaho.  Why you may ask?  Nothing but a big YAWN!  The only sighting was a tumbleweed or two.

Today, we captured a few shots of just peaceful scenery.  US20 was very winding the first half through mountains and valleys and then just straightaway on the second half.

Who knew there were Volcano's in Oregon?





... and today when we arrived at the RV Resort we met our second angel Bob.
When we checked in they asked us if we have done much backing up with the RV and Mr B. and I looked at each other with the thought of "uh-oh" so I replied, no not really, just into our storage area.  Well, the spot they assigned to us is one of the hardest to get into because it is at a dead end and since we were so long we could not pull up to it, so....  we had to back up the entire way down the road and then into the spot and with Bob's guidance, I did it!!  If you look at this picture, way down the center you will see green tennis courts and that is where I had to start backing up and we are the 8th site down.  
Thank you angel Bob!  I think I heard a bell ring :)
Can't wait to start exploring.  
More to come!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment